MEDITERRANEAN QUINOA SALAD BOWL
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup chopped cucumbers
- 1/4 cup chopped olives
- 1/4 cup vegan tofu feta cheese or store-bought vegan feta
- 1/4 cup tomatoes diced
- 2 tablespoons red onion
- 2 teaspoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons hummus
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil + salt + black pepper
- Lime wedges to serve
Cook the quinoa according to package directions and as desired: see here how to cook quinoa
Split the ingredients in half and add to each quinoa bowl as desired. Spoon hummus on top and mix all the ingredients together if desired. Drizzle olive oil, and grind salt and black pepper over each quinoa bowl. Serve with a lime wedge to squeeze over olives, cheese, tomatoes and red onions. Enjoy!
PREP TIME: 5 MINUTES- COOK TIME 15- MINUTES- SERVES 2
CREAMY LEEK SOUP
- ¼ cup cold-pressed
- 1 yellow onion coarsely chopped
- sea salt
- 3 cups coarsely chopped cauliflower
- 1 leek white and pale green parts only coarsely chopped
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 2 rosemary sprigs
- 1 bay leaf
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a large stockpot over medium heat, warm the olive oil and add the onion. Season with salt. Sauté until the onion becomes translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower and leek and stir for 5 minutes
- Add the vegetable broth, coconut cream, rosemary, thyme, and bay leaf, and bring to a low simmer.
- Simmer for 20 minutes until the vegetables are extremely tender, then remove the pot from the heat and add the lemon juice.
- Fish out the rosemary and thyme sprigs and the bay leaf, then using an immersion blender, blend the soup until silky smooth, adding a little water if needed.
- Garnish with fresh cracked black pepper. Serve hot.
PREP TIME 10 MINUTES- COOK TIME 30- MINUTES – SERVES 8
BLACK BERRY “CHEESECAKE” BITES
- 11/2 cup almonds soaked overnight
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup full-fat coconut cream
- 1/3 cup monk fruit sweetener
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Prepare a muffin tin by lining the cups with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- In a high-powered blender, combine the soaked almonds, blackberries, melted coconut oil, coconut cream, monk fruit sweetener, and lemon juice.
- Blend on high until the mixture is whipped and fluffy
- Divide the mixture equally among the muffin cups
- Place the muffin tin in the freezer for 90 minutes to allow the cheesecake bites to set.
PREP TIME 5 MINUTES + OVERNIGHT TO SOACK + 11/2 HOUR TO SET – SERVES 4